Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem. This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution? Punitive Fines Add caption First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law. The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registr

The Actions Of the Few Destroys the Future of the Many

The previous article I posted about why cruise ships skips Manila. Whether that is true or not, I do not know. But I'm not surprised if it is true. That has been the nature of most if not all Philippine government officials.

From personal experience alone, I can tell you this happens all the time. Whenever I travel, every time I go through Philippine customs. They always try to see if they can milk you for something or ask for some "balato".

Just last week, when I went to Manila for a vacation, after I got my luggage and I went through customs. Just before I exited the doors going out to where you wait for the car to pick you up. The last guy on the door said, "Gwapo nang pangalan mo ah. Meron ba tayong pasalubong diyan?"

That's the kind of people we have running our port of entry. Now, I'm use to this so I just ignore it. But what about foreigners?

My friend was telling me a story when he went to Japan for a vacation. He got into a conversation with the Japanese guy who picked them up. The Japanese said that the last time he went to the Philippines which was back in the 90's, the customs official opened up his luggage and saw the wine he bought. The official was asking the Japanese if he can get some of the wines.

The Japanese of course was disgusted at this and vowed never to return to the Philippines.

Can you imagine how much money the Philippines has lost from disgusted tourists? Money which would have helped developed the country or would have been earned by Philippines businesses. We're talking about millions of dollars here. And you don't even have to get OFWs to earn those dollars.

The actions of the few destroys the futures of the many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Planning TVC 2014

Is Piolo Pascual Gay?

Philippine Business Monopolies