Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem. This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution? Punitive Fines Add caption First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law. The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registr

Bad Experience at Goldilocks Vancouver

I went to Goldilocks with my wife today to try out the food. I've been in Vancouver for over 8 years now but have never been to Goldilocks here. It's located at Broadway and Fir.

Anyway, we just came from a school activity and my wife suggested we go to Goldilocks. I didn't really want to go but since this is one of the few times I was with my wife during the morning, I said ok. One of the reason I didn't want to go was that I had to pay parking just to eat there. It cost CAD$2.00 for one hour of street parking.

But that is not the reason I'm writing. As we ordered our meal, I was sitting at a table about 20 feet away from the counter while my wife was ordering our food. As this is our first time there, we really don't know what to order. The last time I went to Goldilocks was in the Philippines over 10 years ago.

While my wife was trying to decide what to eat, she asked the lady at taking her order "Anong masarap na pancit". Do you know what the lady told her? "Ewan ko, kayo kakain eh". I was like, what the hell!? I heard that from 20 feet away!

I couldn't believe it, a customer is asking what is good and they gave an answer like that. At first I just ignored it and I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I approached my wife to help her choose and to pay for the food.

After we gave our orders and I finished paying, we asked the lady if she included the fresh lumpia with the order. That was our very first order before we ordered anything else. Do you know what she said? "Wala ka naman sinabi ah, pa-iba iba kasi yung order mo eh."

What the f***!? All we asked was "ilan barbeque ang kasama nang fried yams", she didn't even know it and had to ask someone and she had the gall to tell us "pa-iba iba order namin"?

At that point I told her "ba't ganyan ka sumagot?" Her face changed at that point when she realized I wouldn't take bullshit from anyone. She's lucky I didn't say anything bad to her and was more courteous after that. I work as an insurance agent and I deal with a lot of different people, but I never once was rude to any of my clients no matter how irritating or annoying they can get.

After the lady helped a few more customers, she was replaced by someone. At that point, my wife got up to get another order for my son to take home, she told me she wouldn't speak Tagalog and will only speak English to see what happens. Guess what? She got good service, they were courteous and polite.

You'd think that would be the end of it, but no! Another lady who went before my wife who was also a Filipino forgot her change and the lady at the cashier said, "Nakalimutan mo sukli mo!"

Gademet! Ang babastos ah! The lady was sitting at a table just 8 feet away from her and she had to shout! This is a different lady from the one who served us the first time, but it was the same lady who helped my wife when she spoke only English. Is that how they treat their fellow Filipinos? I thought the first one was an isolated incident but it seems like everyone there is rude!

I'm not generalizing but why it is that Filipinos treat foreigners way better than their fellow Filipinos? Or they treat those who speak English better than those who speak Filipino?

We wrote the manager regarding this and I don't know if they will take any action. But if this is how they treat customers, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do a lot of business.

But guess what, that is the first and the last time I'm eating at Goldilocks in Vancouver. Now I have an even better reason not to go there.

Comments

sparks said…
Oh wow. If that had been me I would've raised hell. Hehe. Hopefully you'll hear from management. Grabe talaga, tayo mismong mga Pilipino, nagdi-discriminate sa kapwa Pilipino. It even happens here. If you go to resorts for example, whites usually get better service than locals. Hay.
exphiles said…
I had a similar experience when I was in Cebu a couple of years ago. The hotel I was staying, Shangri-La I think was offering free scuba lessons.

I was there with my brother and there were two other American kids. I was 15 at that time.

Guess what, the scuba instructor pretty much ignored us and concentrated on the Americans or white kids. He basically told us to do this and that and left us alone. While teaching the Americans where given his full attention and taught very well.

My brother and I basically said screw it and left. Guess what, a couple of hours later, we saw the instructor with the kids at the beach still teaching them scuba diving.

Hay...dumb people think that just because they're Western people they should give them special attention.

All that's left for him to do is wipe their a**.
that is bad. and all the while, I thought Pinoys in abroad were nice to one another.

i got similar experiences too when my ex-coworkers bent over backwards for some customers, then stress "foreigner yung customer" in an attempt to get me to rush the work. it is infuriating and they always got a "Eh ano ngayon?" retort from me...
salemseashells said…
yup! they're like that --- they're STILL like that... It annoys me so much that I don't go there, either - or if I do, I go to the extent where I pretend I can't speak Tagalog anymore... It keeps me from raising hell everytime they piss me off....
If Mama didn't love the Sans Rival, I wouldn't go at all...

oh, and take out only. I never stay.
Anonymous said…
Sad to say, may phobia na ako sa kapwa ko Pinoy. Takot na din ako umuwi sa atin. Puro bad experiences. If you complain, they will say you're mayabang or maarte. When in fact it will help to better their business. They don't understand the importance of good custumer service ata. Sila pa galit pag nagcomplain ka. At pag brown ka din hindi rin maganda treatment nila sayo. Kagaya ko nalang morena. Mula elementary hanggang college lagi ako pinag tatawanan dahil sa kulay ko. Mas gusto talaga nila mga puti. It's almost like gods to them. At pinagtatawanan din nila pag visayan accent. Proud pinoy daw, gusto naman mga inglisera at todo skin whitening. Of course hindi naman lahat. Pero karamihan ng experiences ko ganun. Kahit saang lugar pa sa atin.

Popular posts from this blog

Family Planning TVC 2014

Is Piolo Pascual Gay?

Philippine Business Monopolies