Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem.


This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution?

Punitive Fines
First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law.
The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registration. They cannot renew their d…

Garcia’s P128M now ‘beyond reach’

MANILA, Philippines—An estimated P128 million that was withdrawn by ex-military comptroller Carlos Garcia’s family from the bank accounts cited in their plunder case is now “beyond reach,” Special Prosecutor Wendell Sulit said Tuesday.

Sulit told reporters that the money was withdrawn before the bank accounts were frozen. “How will you freeze air?” she said, adding that it was Garcia’s wife Clarita and their children who had withdrawn the money, and that there was no admission from Garcia that it was given to him.

Asked why the return of the money was not made a condition in the plea bargain with Garcia, Sulit said it was feared that the retired major general would play hardball and that the government might end up losing the case.

“If we will haggle and tell him, ‘We won’t agree if you will not return that,’ we will both take a hardline stance. The plunder case will continue. Before you know it, he will be acquitted and we will end up with nothing,” she said.

Sulit expressed the prosecutors’ belief that the plea bargain with Garcia was the best option to take because they had insufficient evidence to take him down for plunder.

She said this was because the testimonies of the suppliers and contractors who supposedly colluded with Garcia did not materialize, as had been promised by then Ombudsman Simeon Marcelo who filed the plunder case.

Asked to comment, Marcelo denied having promised to present the contractors. He said he believed that Clarita Garcia’s written admission to US authorities that her husband had received money from military suppliers was enough to secure a conviction.


Full story from the Philippine Daily Inquirer.

All I can say is, bwahahahahaha..... were you expecting a different outcome?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manila - The most Beautiful City in Asia 1950's to the mid 1970's

Philippine Business Monopolies

Gretchen Fullido