Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem. This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution? Punitive Fines Add caption First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law. The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registr

RP kids join Robotic Olympiad

This article in INQ7.net is certainly something I did not expect but I'm glad it did. Its about a couple of students who qualified to join the Robotic Olympiad in China.

For years, I have always wished that the Philippine school system take more measures to promote science and technology. I'm just surpised that a school outside Metro Manila took more of proactive approach to developing a class like that than one located in Metro Manila.

It does seem that most of the better schools lately are located outside Metro Manila. Topnotchers in the nursing schools, doctors, lawyers, etc.

I used to dream that when I got older, I would like to go back to my high school or college and teach. I would like to teach physics or a business course but I would take a different approach than what is on the curriculum. Instead of the boring physics class full of lectures and lab work that's basically meaningless. I wanted to give the students a more active approach in learning science. For example, I want them to design a frame using nothing but plastic straws and masking tape where they put an egg inside and drop it off from 2 or 3 storeys. The goal is to make sure the egg survives intact. That will teach them how to use the lesson of motion, gravity, acceleration, geometry, pressure, etc in real life.

In learning the electricity and electronics part of physics, I would actually get them to build something rather than just all theories. I only got to do that in college, but I think even grade school students are up to the challenge. I don't know about other schools, but I school I went to seems to be boring in what they teach and I could never see how it actually applies to what I want to learn and do.

But I am glad that there are teachers out there who are eager to teach and expand their student's horizon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Planning TVC 2014

Is Piolo Pascual Gay?

Philippine Business Monopolies