Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem. This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution? Punitive Fines Add caption First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law. The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registr

It's over

Christmas is over, the parties, the food, the gifts, boxing day (December 26 in Canada), the endless cash outlay. Finally, I can rest and enoy the time off. No wait...we have work on the 27th! Darn, just when I though I can finally get some rest, I have to go back to work.

Sometimes I wish I can just take a week off and do nothing. No laundry, no work to worry about, no cooking, no ironing. Nothing. Just sit around, watch TV or play Xbox or read a good book. But then again, I really hate taking vacations because it makes it harder to go back to work when your routine has changed.

I was almost late for work this morning because I completely forgot I have work today. Today being the 27th. I wanted to stay home and clean my office, by office I mean the little corner I have in the house which is part of the living room that I call my office.

I also wanted to clean up and backup my computer. But then I really didn't want to do anything during Christmas break. I really wanted to get a new Macbook this year. But I just upgraded the memory on my laptop so that's going to be good for at least another year.

I can't believe I always thought I had 512Mb of RAM on that thing and I always wondered why it was so slow. Turns out I only had 256Mb! Duh! Now after upgrading the RAM, I has a new lease on its life. The speed is tolerable now, not agonizing anymore. Oh well, New Year's is coming, so I'll probably do it this Saturday.

Bought my son a Lego for his Christmas present. I told my wife to wrap it, but she took it out of the cabinet and left it in the room, forgot to hide it or wrap it before my son came home from school. Of course, he went to the room and immediately saw the Lego. Wouldn't stop crying because we didn't want him to open it. Totally ruined the surprised.

Let's see...what else did I do...oh yeah, play several games of NBA Live 2006 on the Xbox. The longest time I've every played the whole year of 2006 and probably only the 8th time I played ever. Never have time to play games anymore. Except maybe when my son is asking me to play with him. Of course, his favorite games are Star Wars Lego, which is ok, but I like sport games more.

Thinking about it now, the short holiday isn't as bad. Because if I were in the Philippines, we would be having more parties before the 25th and a couple more after. Which leave me totally with no time for myself to just sit down and do nothing. Even watching TV in the Philippines is boring as I really don't like most of the shows there. Where else can you watch a whole day TV marathon of Star Trek: Enterprise or Married with Children but in Canada!

Oh yeah, the traditinal Star Trek movies marathon was running on December 25. It seems Space the Canadian Sci-Fi Channel runs Star Trek Movie Marathons every Christmas, from Star Trek to Star Trek:Nemisis. I saw the same marathon on the Sci-Fi Channel when I was in the US a few years back during Christmas. I guess this is their version of Christmas tradition, Star Trek instead of "A Wonderful Life". My sister also told me there was a Star Trek: Voyager marathon a few days before. Now that's what I call TV! What more can you ask for when you can switch from watching the Enterprise crew battling aliens to the burping and obnoxious antics of Al Bundy? No boring stuff like "The Buzz" or Kris Aquino. Bleh!

Overall, it was a good Christmas. Quiet, relaxing and just time with friends and family. Now I need to get working on my goals for 2007!

By the way, I just read that J.J. Abrams, the producer of Alias and Lost will be producing and writing a new Star Trek movie. It's not titled yet and it is called Star Trek XI at this time. The movie is said to be out in 2008. Don't know if this is definite yet as it is a rumour at this time.

There's also a new Transformers Movie Trailer, that should be a good movie. I haven't seen a movie for a while, the last movie I saw was Superman. That was a bummer, although it was good, the story line was just a rehash of the first Superman movie. Hello! Luthor destorying a city so he can own real estate? With all of Luthor's brain, is that the most he can think of in terms of crimes to commit? And what? His girlfriend ends up saving Superman? I know this is a late movie review, but I saw the original Superman movie after I saw Superman Returns. Just blows my mind how similar the plots are. I mean, come on! Lex is supposed to be a criminal mastermind! Not Donald Trump!

Anyway, the real movie I want to see is On a Pale Horse. It's a book by Piers Anthony regarding the Incarnations of Immortality. They are Death, Time, War, Fate, Earth, Satan and God. Where each Incarnations are actually offices where mortal take their place to assume the office. Like Death is not just a spirit, but a mortal killed the previous officeholder and assumes his place. It's being produced by Jamie Foxx and Marc Silvestri. I hope it gets done and I really hope it's good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Planning TVC 2014

Is Piolo Pascual Gay?

Philippine Business Monopolies