Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem. This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution? Punitive Fines Add caption First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law. The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registr

Screencap of the very first browser

Here's a screencap of the very first browser created by Tim Berners-Lee.

Those were the days. I remember my first experience with the Internet. I bought OS/2 Warp and subscribed to IBM's Dial-up service just to try it out. It cost $90 for like 20 hours online or something.

I used up the 20 hours and then had no Internet for the next few months. But I was hooked on the Internet and was surprised how much info one can get online.

I got online again when a friend of mine told me he was subscribing to iPhil. I think we were client number 1 and 2. I can't remember how much we pay for it, but it was even better since the Internet has grown a lot more and I discovered Telnet, FTP, IRC, Sega Chat, ARCHIE, etc.

The exploring was the fun part. Now, the Internet is so much a part of our lives, it seems like it's the TV and we take it for granted. We even have to buy magazines listing the IP address and website address of new sites.

Those were the days, where every new site you go to is like finding a new galaxy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Planning TVC 2014

Is Piolo Pascual Gay?

Philippine Business Monopolies