Featured Post

3 Cost Effective Ways to Solve Metro Manila's Traffic Problem

Image
The Facebook page of ANC 24/7 is asking for its reader's suggestion on how to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem. This got me thinking, "what is the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem?" It's easy to make suggestions, what's hard is the implementation and the cost of implementation. So what is the the best way to solve Metro Manila's traffic problem and the most cost effective solution? Punitive Fines Add caption First of all, any implementation will definitely cost money, a lot of money. The cause of the traffic mess is the people themselves so it's only right that those causing the traffic problem should be fined and the fine should hurt. That way, the fines will pay for the cost of enforcing the law. The fines should start at P500 and goes up every week if you don't pay it within 15 days. To enforce this and prevent people from ignoring the fine. It will be tied to their driver's license or car registr

How to Help Philippines Typhoon Victims

The NY Times has compiled a list of organizations where you can donate to help the Typhoon victims in the Philippines.

I suggest you send your donations to these confirmed and legitimate organizations only.

The other day, while grocery shopping, I was approached by a lady asking me to sign something. When I asked what it was, she told me it's to help the Typhoon victims in the Philippines.

She never asked me for a donation right away, but instead, handed me a pen and a clipboard to sign my name and on the clipboard is a small brochure with a name of an organization and some photos of some children. Only when I asked what it was for did she tell me it was for donation to the Philippines (initially, I thought it was to sign up for credit card).

I have never heard of the organization before and I do not know if they are a legitimate organization. I don't even know if they were allowed by the store to be in there to solicit donations. Maybe there are legitimate, but I am always wary of people soliciting donations on the street.

Be careful who you give your money to. It is sad to think, but even at a time of crisis, there are unscrupulous organizations looking to take advantage of the situation.

Here is the link again.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/how-to-help-philippines-typhoon-victims/

If you are from Canada, you can also donate to UNICEF Canada where you donation will be matched by the Government of Canada (up to $100,000) and other UNICEF Supporters (up to $25,000).

Here's the link.

https://secure3.unicef.ca/site/Donation2?2440.donation=form1&df_id=2440&s_locale=en_CA&utm_source=unicef&utm_medium=splash&utm_campaign=Haiyan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Planning TVC 2014

Is Piolo Pascual Gay?

Philippine Business Monopolies